Originally the site of two blacksmith's cottages built in 1807 opposite the forge in Halland. In 1881 Frederick Turner is recorded as "Master Blacksmith and Beerhouse Keeper". He had three sons and two daughters by his wife Mary who hailed from Dorset. In those days Halland was still known as "The Nursery."
After several name changes over the years, it became known as "The Black Lion". We are proud to have made the decision to revert to the original name.
We think Frederick Turner, the blacksmith, would have liked it that way............